WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Our client is Knapheide, recognized as the leading manufacturer of vocational truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1848, Knapheide is headquartered in Quincy, IL, privately held, and is currently being led by the 6th generation of the Knapheide family. Knapheide’s businesses are aligned through two primary business channels:
- Truck Body Manufacturing and Distribution – Located at the Quincy, IL Headquarters, an approximately 800,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art manufacturing campus produces a full line of vocational truck bodies that are distributed through 240 distribution partners (including 24 company owned locations) across the United States and Canada. Fully integrated engineering, sales, marketing, customer support, and functional teams are also co-located in Quincy, IL.
- Truck Equipment Sales and Installation Services – 24 company-owned equipment sales and installation locations known as Knapheide Truck Equipment Centers (or KTEC) support local, regional, and national customer demand. Customers include fleet and leasing management companies, OEM truck dealerships, regional and national fleets, and individual vocational business owners. KTEC locations install and service Knapheide bodies and equipment on vehicles, along with a full portfolio of products from other manufacturers to meet any customer’s vocational needs.
The entire team at Knapheide is results driven and prides itself on its “Never Settle” values grounded in always placing the Customer First, working through Collaboration, and focusing on Continuous Improvement. Knapheide currently employs over 2,400 people and has annual sales exceeding $500M. Additional information about the company is available on their website (www.knapheide.com).
Our search is for the Knapheide Truck Equipment Center (“KTEC”) Site Manager at the Austin/Buda, Texas facility service the geography that includes Austin, Waco, New Braunfels and San Antonio markets. This role reports to a multi-site General Manager and supervisory responsibility will include a current team of 16 people who are leaders in production/fabrication, materials management, and office management will be direct reports to the Site Manager
The Site Manager’s key responsibilities include:
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing P&L results and all aspects of a business with wholesale/retail operations. Customers include municipalities, regional and local utilities, telecom companies, oil & gas producers, and other users of the capital equipment products manufactured by Knapheide. Exemplary quality, on-time delivery, and customer focus are key measures of success for all company-owned locations.
Other essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Accountable for growing a customer-focused, results-oriented operational team.
- Responsible for overseeing inside sales activities including quoting, parts sales, and supporting the outside salespeople to achieve the center’s sales targets.
- Continuous improvement of Lean manufacturing and materials management practices.
- Responsible for on-time delivery to Fleet and Truck Pool customers.
- Development of key metrics for productivity/throughput, quality, timely material receipt, inventory accuracy, and processing of orders and materials.
- Responsible for implementing 6S, safety culture and practices, and process standardization.
- Follow key policies, procedures, best practices and metrics established by Knapheide Manufacturing and/or KTEC.
A Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering, or related is required. Candidates should possess seven or more years’ progressive work experience in a commercial setting or production environment involving fabrication and general mechanical assembly operations involving metal fabrication, welding, painting, and general mechanical operations.
A strong systems background involving supply chain/materials management, scheduling, implementing “Lean” concepts, and utilizing metrics is desirable. Demonstrated customer-facing experience is required. The selected candidate must be a team builder and team player with strong leadership skills.
Additionally, it is expected that candidates will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in building an operating plan, managing a P&L, and achieving cost efficiency and bottom-line results.
- A strong systems background in shop floor scheduling, supply chain/materials management, and spread sheet analytics; experience and competency using all Microsoft Office applications is expected.
- A background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 6S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- A proactive orientation to customer service and experience participating in business development, sales management, and large account support.
- Experience implementing sound safety practices and a safety culture.
- Production and/or site management experience in business sectors involving distribution of capital equipment.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, excellent mentoring abilities, and a history of building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- A professional image and strong work ethic, in addition to demonstrated management and organizational abilities, good communication and listening skills, and a highly flexible, “hands-on” approach to the workplace.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.