President UPMC Home Health & Hospice
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
UPMC Health System is seeking a new President for UPMC Home Health & Hospice located in Pittsburgh, PA. UPMC Home Healthcare is one of the largest Medicare-certified home health agencies in Pennsylvania, encompassing six licenses/Medicare provider numbers and providing services in 48 counties. With an average daily census of 4,500, the organization reports 43,000 admissions and 620,000 visits on an annualized basis.
Family Hospice, part of UPMC and a national leader in hospice care, encompasses five licenses/Medicare provider numbers and serves 36 counties in Western and Central Pennsylvania. UPMC’s Family Hospice has an average daily census of 630 and reports 5,000 annual admissions. In addition to outpatient, home-based hospice services, Family Hospice operates two inpatient hospice units: a 12-bed unit on the campus of UPMC Senior Communities’ Canterbury Place in Lawrenceville and a seven-bed unit at UPMC Williamsport’s Divine Providence campus.
The President of UPMC Home Health & Hospice is responsible for determining the strategic direction and assuring the necessary infrastructure and resources to drive execution. In collaboration with the UPMC Home Health and Hospice executive team, the President sets policy and monitors the status of operations, finances, human resources, and strategic relationships. The President communicates directly with the Board for the Home Health organization and represents the UPMC Home Healthcare organization in local, regional, and national forum for purposes of networking, advocacy, performance-benchmarking and information exchange.
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in business management, healthcare administration, nursing, or related area required.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare with advanced knowledge of home care, hospice, or other post-acute programs and operations.
- Strong business acumen. In-depth experience and knowledge of the legislative and regulatory environment and emerging trends in home care, hospice, and the broader healthcare arena, including an understanding of healthcare delivery, reimbursement, financing methodologies, cost containment, and new revenue generation strategies.
- Ability to successfully navigate a highly complex and matrixed organizational structure.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including staff development, mentoring, and coaching.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence, executive presence, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with clinical and administrative leaders across the enterprise. A demonstrated track record of collaboration and partnership with other organization, physician, and system leaders.
A $24 billion health care provider and insurer and the largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates 92,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 4.1- million-member Insurance Services Division, the largest medical insurer in western Pennsylvania.
This represents a wonderful opportunity to join a strong and highly regarded health system. For referrals or to submit a resume, please contact UPMCHomeHealth@divsearch.com. All expressions of interest are confidential.