Boston Medical Center (BMC), in conjunction with Boston University School of Medicine invites applications and nominations for the position of Chair, Department of Pediatrics & Chief of Pediatrics.
The primary teaching affiliate of Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center is a private, not-for-profit, 519-bed, academic medical center, and the largest safety net hospital in New England. Boston Medical Center offers a wide range of children's health services, including pediatric emergency services, primary care, specialty, and subspecialty care. With more than 25 programs, Boston Medical Center provides pediatric inpatient and outpatient services that cover nearly all children's health-related needs.
The department of pediatrics houses 126 faculty and annually provides nearly 80,000 ambulatory visits, 25,000 ED visits and 1,500 hospital admissions. With particular emphasis on social determinants of health, the department’s pediatric research programs garner $21M in funding annually. Through the Boston Combined Residency Program in Pediatrics, BMC collaborates with Boston Children’s Hospital to educate over 160 residents.
To break the link between poverty and poor health, BMC has pioneered pediatric programs that have been adopted nationally, including Reach Out and Read, Healthy Steps, and others. The organization is recognized as an innovator in caring for vulnerable patient populations as demonstrated through its development of the Health Equity Accelerator, which leverages deep experience with data-driven clinical insights and community-based research, and the Center for Urban Child and Health Family that catalyzes cross-departmental collaboration and reimagines care delivery.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy Degree or the foreign equivalent.
- A respected pediatric leader and academician with excellent clinical, teaching and research skills.
- Experience as Chair, Division Chief, or similar key leadership position within pediatrics.
- Ability to articulate a vision and foster interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Able to evaluate scientific quality and support an environment that attracts and retains quality research within the Department.
- Proven success in leading a diverse, complex, and well-balanced team to achieve clinical service growth and program development goals.
- A strong commitment to education and research, with the ability to recruit top faculty leaders is required.
- Competency working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive faculty, staff, and student environment.
- Able to successfully serve in an external facing position, engage with the community with respect to community outreach, coordination of Pediatric services, research, and grant opportunities, and advancing access and coordination to highest levels of quality and service for all patients.
Please direct all CVs, inquiries, and recommendations in confidence to:
Senior Search Associate
Grant Cooper | Diversified Search Group
Boston Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.