Director of Corporate Partnerships
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
About The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-proﬁt that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
For more information on The Trevor Project, please visit their website.
The Trevor Project believes that long-term, dynamic corporate partnerships are imperative to our work of providing suicide prevention and crisis intervention services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people. As the Director of Corporate Partnerships, you will lead the strategy, vision, and approach for your team to successfully manage a wide portfolio of corporate partners. You will supervise a team of 4+ direct reports and oversee a growing team of 9+ staff to build sustainable, long-term, revenue generating partnerships for Trevor’s mission. Your vision will impact how the team goes about identifying and building out these partnerships. You will build long-term relationships with corporate executives, ensure processes and systems are efficient and scalable, and serve as a knowledgeable leader in growing our corporate partnerships program to bring in signiﬁcant funding for our life-saving mission.
Who You Are
- Results-focused. You set clear timelines, priorities, and drive projects to completion. You know that delivering on goals and metrics is the key to having a signiﬁcant impact on growing our programs.
- People leader. You have a cheerleader mentality. You know how to celebrate and support a fast-paced highly successful team. You develop individual’s professionally and lead empathetically.
- Experienced. You have a proven track record of successful corporate fundraising, are familiar and have rolled out comprehensive cause marketing campaigns and have developed programs from the ground up in partnership with cross-departmental partners.
- Systems Thinker. You are process oriented and a detailed thinker. You are constantly looking and planning ahead. You have a structured approach and plan every detail. You are always looking to improve yourself, the team, and processes.
- Inspirational. You are ready to inspire a team and help them and the Trevor Project succeed toward their ﬁnancial goals. You are instrumental in leading the next phase that will attract high level, transformational partnerships as part of the organization’s growth.
- Innovative. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved. You’re always thinking about best practices in corporate partnerships to ﬁgure out how we can leverage these strategies and tools.
- Proven Partnership Building Success. You know how to manage a team creating mutually beneﬁcial partnerships. You have a strong awareness of brand marketing and know how to make values-based decisions by choosing partners that are mission aligned. You are not scared to say “No”.
- Savvy Interpersonal Skills. You know how to manage challenging situations, ﬁnd common ground, and manage expectations within your team and cross-functionally.
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects at once. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the expansion and scale of 9+ team members to drive partnership growth, build innovative strategy, and lead in the development and cultivation of corporate relationships for the organization
- Build an evolving and growth reﬂective corporate partnership model at Trevor. Serve as a trustworthy mentor and leader, bringing new ideas and ways to scale and manage corporate partnerships and ideating how to execute these goals
- Ensure current processes and systems across the team are aligned with institutional and industry best practices, and help build new processes/systems that meets the team’s needs and continues to grow our cross-functional collaboration
- Lead partnerships with some of Trevor’s largest corporate partners, including building strategy, leading pitches, identifying new opportunities, and ultimately working towards substantial growth at our highest partnership tiers
- Guide high level corporate partners through each step of the process from prospecting to pitching to contracting, partnership launch, partnership execution, and renewal. Become an expert in how Trevor can partner with companies across verticals (i.e., retail, food & beverage, ﬁnance & banking, etc.)
- Ensure all corporate partnerships at the organization follow industry best practices centering Trevor’s impact, meeting legal requirements, and promoting inclusion for the diverse LGBTQ community
- Oversee successful execution of cause marketing campaigns in collaboration with Trevor’s marketing and communications teams
- Help develop compelling proposals working alongside program and ﬁnance leadership. Track partnership impact against our goals in collaboration with program, ﬁnance, and marketing teams to communicate back to partners and show our progress
- Represent Trevor’s mission in presentations for corporate partners and audiences
- Be a liaison between corporate partners and internal teams by helping to align on shared vision, goals, and projects while navigating any challenges that may arise with a positive, solutions-orientation
- Build strong professional relationships with corporate partner leadership
- Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day of to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement and a reimbursement to outﬁt your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Michelle Bonoan, Medelene Beasley and Jennifer Smith of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express interest in this role, please submit your materials here, or email Michelle, Medelene or Jennifer directly at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.