The Search Associate will be a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive member of Diversified Search Group’s Corporate Practice. The ideal candidate will hold experience in retained executive search within the IT/CIO field.
Associates are project managers and recruiters. They are integral team members who provide key support to Managing Associates and Managing Directors and ensure that searches run smoothly, efficiently, and result in the placement of top-tier candidates with our clients.
Associates are strategic, persistent, and entrepreneurial in their focus on a spectrum of search responsibilities, including; maintaining the integrity of client and candidate data in our database; scheduling; and developing a pipeline of candidates for a wide portfolio of searches through candidate generation, assessment and relationship building.
Associates work closely with the Research team to create and implement the sourcing strategy for assigned searches. They also hold the primary responsibility for managing and driving the engagement of candidates throughout their interaction with the Corporate Practice.
At DSG, our work is fast paced and ever-changing. We provide superior service to our clients, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful associates are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are excited at the idea of working with many kinds of searches simultaneously, as well as potentially supporting multiple search leads with varying styles and experiences.
Primary responsibilities of the Associate include:
Client Engagement & Support
- Demonstrate understanding of the search process, adds value, and achieves competency in executing each step during multiple searches
- Partner closely with vice presidents and managing directors on search strategy and client consultation throughout all stages of the search
- Support in the execution of client stakeholder interviews during needs assessment and search launch process
- Participate in and provide candidate pipeline status in client check-in calls, interview debriefs, and other client meetings, as needed
- Serve as secondary client contact and respond to client inquiries and requests, when necessary
- Capacity to successfully contribute to several searches as a member of the search team, while also completing specific projects for other searches
- Regularly and correctly executes basic functionality within the database
- May contribute to research for potential client pitches and business development opportunities
Candidate Pipeline Development
- Proactively identify talent and referrals via calls to prospective candidates and through sourcing key connectors
- Execute advanced research across an array of public and private sources, including our database, LinkedIn Recruiter, Guidestar, social media sites and tools, publications, and other informational sources on the web
- Conduct thorough candidate interviews in a nuanced and mature manner with emphasis on assessing candidates’ work history (including transitions), core competencies, organizational culture fit and their career narrative to date
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on Research team in developing robust prospective candidate outreach lists
- Manage candidate relationships, ensuring consistent communication and timely updates on search status to build trust and facilitate streamlined search process
- Schedule and conduct candidate references during final stages of search process
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, ensuring that candidate research and outreach includes women and people of color
Search Logistics Support
- Oversee the production of key search documents, including candidate profiles, position profiles, search progress reports, and other key deliverables requiring advanced writing skills
- With direction from vice presidents and managing directors, ensure timely and appropriate interactions with clients and candidates, including scheduling internal and external meetings and interviews
- Work collaboratively with search team members to meet short-term and long-term goals for searches including a prompt launch, aggressive sourcing, detailed metric tracking, and efficient closing
- Updating and maintaining search data metrics and candidate statuses throughout search process
- Ability to anticipate next steps in the search
Visible Firm Citizen
- Develops professional work habits that are guided by high standards, efficiency, and adding value
- Seeks out and is receptive to feedback and coaching from associates and partners, with evidence of professional growth and improvement
- Contributes to searches beyond their own, actively seeks out or independently identifies additional ways to contribute, and exceeds expectations
- Identifies areas of interest, seeks additional exposure, and finds ways to grow knowledge
- Enhances the firm’s competitive intelligence with the database
- Exercises discretion as it relates to confidential client and candidate information and handles appropriately
Ideal candidates will have a deep passion for the IT/CIO sector. They will be entrepreneurial and proactive in supporting a portfolio of searches in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
A track record of successful relationship and project management is highly desirable; recruiting experience is preferred.
Additionally, associates will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics, and competencies:
- Ability to manage and execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; a comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to conduct recruiting calls and behavioral interviews
- Advanced writing skills, including the ability to produce compelling, error-free candidate profiles and other search documents
- Superb attention to detail with a strong customer service orientation
- Skill at managing up and anticipating needs; adjusting to different work and communication styles
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative
- The personal presence and the professional judgment required to represent DSG and its clients well in the marketplace when communicating with executive candidates and clients
- Excellent and adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction
- Strong research skills; previous experience with Internet and database research preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience in IT/CIO retained executive search
- High degree of political and interpersonal savvy; ability to work with a wide range of people
- Ability to handle sensitive information with appropriate discretion and strict confidentiality
- Experience as a key member of a high-performing team
- Strong internet research skills
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and the ability to work independently
- High degree of responsiveness and flexibility
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Self-motivated and directional
- Sound judgment and professional maturity
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Diversified Search Group and our client organizations
To express interest, please submit complete an application at this link or share your resume with firstname.lastname@example.org for our review and consideration.
Here at the Diversified Search Group, we celebrate our diversity, and believe that it is our differences that allow us to excel as a team, and to best serve our clients and job candidates. DSG is an equal opportunity employer that is fully committed to creating an environment free of harassment and discrimination, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.