About Koya Partners
With close to 100 team members nationally and a global reach, the Nonprofit & Social Impact Practice of DSG and the Koya Partners entity works with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world. A key differentiator is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates.
This commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team. We believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply held values at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability, and sexual orientation and we strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters.
We are proud of the results of our commitment: In 2021, 58% of the leaders the Nonprofit Practice placed identified as people of color, and 66% identified as female or gender non-binary.
About Diversified Search Group
Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago for the express purpose of placing diverse candidates in our client organizations. The firm established the Diversified Search Group (DSG), comprised of our founding firm and the combined firms of BioQuest, Koya Partners, Storbeck Search, and Grant Cooper, to harness the collective resources and industry expertise of our firms and create a new model in executive search. The Diversified Search Group is dedicated to recruiting inspiring, transformational leaders of every background who build culture, foster innovation, and deliver both social impact and financial performance.
Our firm’s breadth and industry depth enable us to provide highly consultative services, conveying insights and assessments drawn from years of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Our firm is consistently ranked in the top ten search firms in the U.S. We view our size as an advantage, providing us the market presence necessary to attract top talent and the flexibility to gain access to that talent unencumbered.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit here.
About the Research & Search Associate Role
The Research and Search Associate will have an opportunity to partner on searches across the nonprofit and mission-driven sector, including with clients spanning social justice, philanthropy, and social services organizations. As an integral member of fast-paced and collaborative team, the Research and Search Associate’s primary responsibility to is support the identification, development, and engagement of candidates. They play a critical role in search process, scheduling, and logistics, and they engage in Research efforts to create and implement the sourcing strategy for their teams’ searches.
Primary responsibilities of the Research and Search Associate include:
Research Strategy & Execution
- Collaborate closely with the search team to develop and execute the research strategy that serves as road maps for our searches, developing lists of target organizations and individuals across a wide range of executive searches
- Execute advanced research, including through our database, LinkedIn Recruiter, GuideStar, social media sites and tools, publications, and other informational sources
- Promote diversity and inclusion by proactively identifying candidates from underrepresented identities
- Efficiently and effectively input, retrieve, and update information on individuals and organizations in our database, maintaining systems and processes to ensure consistent and accurate data capture
- At search close, audit and analyze search and research metrics and track high level contacts, in addition to producing Nonprofit Practice statistics regarding placements and searches
- Build out internal knowledge and resources for research and search teams
Search Logistics Support
- Oversee the production of key search documents, including search progress reports, candidate profiles, position profiles, and other deliverables requiring advanced writing skills
- With direction from the search lead, ensure timely and appropriate interactions with clients and candidates, including scheduling internal and external meetings and interviews
- Schedule and conduct candidate references during final stages of search process
- Work collaboratively with search team members to meet short- and long-term goals for searches, including a prompt launch, timely sourcing, detailed metric tracking, and efficient closing
- Update and maintain search data metrics and candidate statuses throughout the search process
Client Engagement & Support
- Demonstrate understanding of the search process, achieving competency in executing each step during multiple searches
- Support in the execution of client constituent interviews during needs assessment
- Participate in in check-in calls, interview debriefs, and other client meetings, as needed
- May contribute to research for potential client pitches and business development opportunities
Visible Firm Citizen
- Develop professional work habits that are guided by high standards and efficiency
- Seek out and be receptive to feedback and coaching from the search lead and other team members, with evidence of professional growth and improvement
- Enhance the firm’s competitive intelligence with the database
Ideal candidates will have a deep passion for the nonprofit sector and a desire to work in a growing, values-driven organization that prioritizes impact and collaboration. They will have exceptional research, project management, and communications skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
Additionally, Research and Search Associate will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics, and competencies:
- Ability to manage and execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; a comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities
- Advanced writing skills, including experience producing compelling, error-free candidate profiles, client reports, and other search documents
- Superb attention to detail and follow through, with a strong customer service orientation
- Proven ability to self-direct, be proactive, and take initiative
- Skilled at managing up, anticipating needs, adjusting to different work and communication styles
- Adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction
- Strong research skills; previous experience with Internet and database research preferred
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of Koya Partners l Diversified Search Group and our client organizations
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation range for this role is between $65,000 and $70,000 and is commensurate with experience.
To express interest for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Diversified Search Group, we celebrate our diversity and believe that it is our differences that allow us to excel as a team and to best serve our clients and job candidates. We are an equal opportunity employer that is fully committed to creating an environment free of harassment and discrimination, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or any other legally protected characteristic.